Tuesday 25 November 2014

It's been a while ....

After a few very nasty e-mails regarding my use of the English vernacular, I decided to stop my English blog.

However, I just can't help myself and so, here we go again.

For the record, and this will be the last time that I will be saying anything with regards to this subject, this is a blog about my love for food and cooking and not my love for grammar. I have chosen to do the blog in English as 99.9% of my friends and readers are comfortable with the language.
English, although very close to my heart, is my second language and if sometimes I get the tense wrong, or heaven forbid, commit a gross grammatical misdemeanour, well that is me and we all will just have to live with it.

Now, let me bring you up the speed with the doings of this fat chef over the last couple of months.


  1. I have gained weight since we last met, actually that's not true, I gained quite a lot of weight and have decided to start with the dreaded diet again. The date is set for Monday, 1st December 2014 and yes, I know what month this is. I will keep you updated on twitter with regards to the diet (@thefatcheff if you want to follow me there).
  2. I have lost my job at the Cashmere Club. Long story and maybe one day when it hurt a little less, I will share that.
  3. The up side of this is that I have started working at The Honeypot Cafe. Wonderful Caff, outstanding food (we actually do all the cooking/baking ourselves), amazing staff and one old friend whom I have to thank for his support. Thanks Clyde!!!!!
  4. I have started making work of my idea for a small business called "The Fat Chef". I have done most of my product development (sauces, spice mixes, mustard's etc.), label design and a few other things, but the hoops that you have to jump through before you are allowed to sell, man, it is just unbelievable. Lucky there is people like Chrissy (Thanks Chrissy) that took pity on me. She found all the legal stuff, printed it (almost as thick as the Bible) and now I am trying to make sense of it all, but I am getting there.

A group photo of the kids.

Two of my Mustard's




My two Chilli sauces


My favourite

So, as you can see, I still have a lot to say and will do so in the near future. I am also planning on sharing some of my most favourite recipes with you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and please help by sharing my blog with as many of your friends as possible.
As always, please send your questions to thetoofatchef@gmail.com and I will, if at all possible, try to answer.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your logo! Make us all proud! It will be a great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danel, I made it in paint on my laptop.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I have heard of you and this ridicolous eviction you are going through, Have you ever though of moving to some of the pacific islands where really big people are welcome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I have heard of you and this ridicolous eviction you are going through, Have you ever though of moving to some of the pacific islands where really big people are welcome?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for the nice words. It would have been wonderful to live somewhere on the Islands, but sadly we've been fighting immigration to long, we don't have the funds left to go anywhere but back to South Africa. But, thanks for the wxonderful thought.

    ReplyDelete